Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Bee Happy - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!  I am excited to share two new cards today featuring new release stamp sets by Hello Bluebird.  This post features Bee Happy!



This card features an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock that I softly ink blended using Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Cracked Pistachio.  I splashed on a little water and quickly blotted it up with a kitchen towel to distress the background.  I die cut the panel to provide the simple faux stitched edge.



On more Bristol Smooth I hand stamped my images using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black.  I watercolour painted the images using Kuretake Zigs and highlighted some points with a Uniball Signo White gel pen.  I die cut the images and applied them into the scene using foam tape to build dimension.



I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of cardstock that I ink blended in Spun Sugar to match the colour of the background and attached that with foam tape also.  I decided the grass/ground needed more definition so I used simple dots to build definition.  To achieve this I used a combination of a Distress Ink pen in Mowed Lawn and my Uniball Signo White gel pen.  I stamped the trails of the bees and added a few Nuvo drops for a finishing embellishment.

I just love this stamp set and hope that you do too.

On to the next card!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment