Friday, July 13, 2018

Fishin' Hole by Hello Bluebird

Hello everybody, I'm back today with a brand new card using Fishin' Hole by Hello Bluebird Stamps.  This and some other stamp sets are set for release July 15th and I will have several more cards to share with you this month.



An A2 card panel was ink blended with Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass for the sky and Salty Ocean for the pond.  The panel was distressed with water splashes and then blotted dry with a kitchen towel.  I used one of the bullrush stamps from the stamp set and did some casual first and and second generation stamping using Shabby Shutters  to form an edge for the pond at the back of the scene.  I watercolour painted the pokers using a Kuretake Zig in Beige.  Using Distress Ink pens I dotted in a more defined water's edge top and bottom of the panel and then attached a white frame I already had in my stash with dimensional foam tape.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black.  I watercolour painted everything using Kuretake Zigs and highlighted some points with a Uniball Signo White Gel Pen.  The images were fussy cut and applied with more foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped on a strip of cardstock and also applied with foam tape.



I had some fun finishing this peaceful scene.  I applied several 'bubbles' above the fish in the form of the blue jewels from Pretty Pink Posh that you see in my photography.  I then used the Stickles glitter in Crystal that you also see in the photo to glitter up the dragonfly's wings and then I dotted tiny spots of the product through the bullrushes and water and tiny touches of it on the frame which gives the whole scene the prettiest twinkle when the card is handled.  Once dried the panel was attached to a 110lb Neenah cardstock base.

Thank you for stopping by to read about this card, hope to see you back here again soon!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment