Sunday, May 13, 2018

She's So Lovely

Hi everyone!  I'm back for the second day in a row with two cards featuring She's So Lovely from the upcoming May release by Mama Elephant who I am happily guest designing for.



In brief the card features a softly ink blended ink panel (I used distress inks) that was then die cut using the largest rectangular die from the new Basic Rectangles Creative Cuts.  It was applied to the base with a layer of craft foam sandwiched in between.  I then die cut the envelope and little note card using the new  'Pocket Envie Creative Cuts' from pale peach cardstock and applied it to the scene after stamping both of the sentiments in archival ink



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth watercolour cardstock, I stamped the sweet girls with archival ink in black and then watercolour painted them with my Zigs and die cut everything out and applied them popped up on dimensional foam tape.  I die cut several mini hearts from glittering silver cardstock and glued them to the scene for a finishing touch.



My second card using She's So Lovely from the May release is a shaker card!



The card also uses the new 'Oh Happy Day' stamp set which I stamped with Versamark Ink then heat embossed with white ultra fine embossing powder on an distress ink blended panel.



Next I used the largest and the second largest dies from the new Basic Rectangles Creative Cuts to create a frame from white cardstock.  I applied acetate to the back of the frame and edged it with dimensional foam tape that I used my powder tool on in order to avoid the shaker contents sticking to it!  I inverted the frame filled it with glitter and sequins and then sealed it with the distressed panel and then applied the whole shaker unit to the card base.



The final step was to stamp my girls from She's So Lovely onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth watercolour cardstock using Ranger Archival Ink in black.  I watercolour painted them using my Zigs and highlighted some points with a Uniball Signo White pen and then together with the stamped sentiment I applied the to the shaker window



.... and there you have it, two cards with She's So Lovely and there are several other adorable girls in the stamp set coupled with some useful sentiments.

I do thank you for stopping by to read, see you next time with more from the May release.

Nicky x




No comments:

Post a Comment