Saturday, May 12, 2018

Animal Parade

I'm totally head over heals excited to be guest designing for Mama Elephant this May and June and maybe beyond.  The materials for the new release are everything you want them to be from Mama Elephant and my first card here uses Animal Parade.



This card features an alcohol ink background that I distressed with white acrylic paint splashes and the tiniest dots of Stickles glitter for a playful twinkle.  I die cut the panel using the largest die from the new 'Basic Rectangles' Creative Cuts which is a comprehensive die set featuring several sizes and a rectangular window die.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth watercolour cardstock I stamped all of the images, I die cut them and then watercolour painted each of using Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  They were applied to the scene using dimensional foam tape.  They appear to be marching along a road taken from Cityscape Creative Cuts which I die cut from silver cardstock.



The final touch was to highlight a few points with my Uniball Signo White pen and then using Nuvo drops, I created the juggling balls over the little penguin.  The card panel is adhered to the card base with a layer of craft foam in between because I like my cards to feel substantial!

Hope you like the card, I will be back with more cards over the next 3 days, sometimes at the rate of 2 a day!

Thanks for reading,

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment