Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Puddle Play - Hello Bluebird Stamps


Hello!

I am totally in love with the sweet elephant characters from the new stamp set called Puddle Play by Hello Bluebird Stamps.  This stamp set forms part of the May 17th release and a word of warning .... you're probably going to want it all!



My card started with an A2 panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock which I ink blended with Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar.  Once blended I pressed a little of the Tumbled Glass onto an acrylic block, spritzed a little water into it to pick up some colour and then used a fine paint brush to make the blue splatters.  Once dry, I die cut the panel and with a layer of craft foam sandwiched in between, it was applied to the 110lb Neenah cardstock base.



I die cut the square frame and then using more of the watercolour cardstock I stamped up my images with Ranger Archival Ink in black, watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs and then fussy cut them out.  (There will be coordinating dies for you to purchase).  The frame and characters were applied to the card layered up on dimensional foam tape in varying amounts to build depth.



To finish up, I stamped the sentiment and applied it under the scene, I highlighted a few areas with a Uniball Signo White gel pen and then I added cascading crystal 'raindrops' for a little twinkle.

This card makes me happy!

Thanks so much for stopping by and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment