Thursday, May 17, 2018

Farmyard Little Bits - Hello Bluebird

Hi all!  I do love to make background cards especially when there are smaller images and they are as ADORABLE as these Farmyard Little Bits from Hello Bluebird Stamps and you just want to paint or colour them over and over again.



I created a panel from Strathmore Bristol Smooth watercolour cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre and then stamped a selection of images around the sentiment, trying to go for a happy balance of pigs, cows and barns etc so that there was an even dispersement of colours.  I used Ranger Archival Ink in black for all my images and then watercolour painted everything using Kuretake Zigs.



I highlighted some points with my Uniball Signo White gel pen and once dry I die cut the panel to provide the subtle wonky stitched decorative edge.  The panel was applied to the Kraft cardstock base with a layer of white craft foam sandwiched in between which makes the card feel very substantial and they do better in the mail this way too!



The final touch was to apply these little wooden stars which somehow just seemed so fitting with the country scene.

Since the card base is kraft cardstock, I like to make a writing insert for the inside and I use 80lb Neenah cardstock because strength and quality is so important to me in the construction of my cards.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!


Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment