Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Rainy Day - Hello Bluebird

Hi!  So excited to be working with the Hello Bluebird new release stamps this week.  Everything will be available to buy on May 17th and you won't be disappointed, the illustrations are to die for!



This card features 'Rainy Day' which has cute little girls, a sweet puppy and the ducklings you see here and they are playing in the rain and splashing in puddles!

For this design I stamped the background using Cozy Plaid Background Stamp and applied this to the card base.  I then die cut the frame using the Gallery Frame Die from grey cardstock and applied it popped up on dimensional foam tape.



This muted backdrop was the perfect set up to a super colourful set of characters.  I stamped them onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth with black Archival Ink.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs and then cut them with my ScanNCut since at the time of making this card the dies weren't available but they will be available for you .... never fear!  I stamped the sentiment and then the puddle in black ink and adhered the girl and ducklings with foam tape.

The Gallery Frame Die features the word 'Hello' which I had used several times to make a card I will share in the coming days.  Some of the negative cuts from this die are raindrop shaped and so I saved them for this project and glued them into the scene!  Frugal huh?



Thank you for stopping by to read about this card, please consider signing up for email updates so you don't miss another post!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment