Monday, May 27, 2024

My Favorite Things - May Release Countdown Day 1




The May release from MFT Stamps will be live tomorrow Tuesday May 28th at 10am Eastern.  Today I have a card featuring one of two brand new Pure Innocence illustrated stamp sets included in this release.  Here's what I used to make this card:-


First of all I created the patterned background panels.  I used the Rectangles Stax to die cut the Rainbow Plaid paper and I glued this to a slightly larger panel of MFT's Poppin' Pink cardstock and then that was glued to an A2 white card base.




I used a heavyweight vellum and die cut with the largest Oval from the Stax set linked above.  I used the next size down and die cut a sturdy white cardstock panel and this panel was ink blended with MFT's Sno-Cone Ink and then glued together, then I adhered it to the patterned background.

I stamped the image using Eiffel Tower ink by MFT and I coloured using Copic markers in the following combinations:-

Skin - E35 E13, E31, E30
Blush - R22, R21, R20, R00
Hair - E44, E43, E40
Bathing Suit - C5, C3, C1, C00, RV17, RV04, RV02
Crab & Bucket - YR09, YR04, Y38, B26, B04, B01, B00




I die cut the images using the coordinating die-namics and applied her to the focal point using dimensional foam tape.

For the finishing touches, I stamped the sentiment on a sentiment strip and applied that with more foam tape.  I then highlighted points on the coloured image with a white gel pen including adding polka dots to the skirt of her bathing suit and I emphasised her eyes with a black Glaze pen.  Last but not least I added some Nuvo Jewel Drops in 'Sea Breeze' as finishing accents.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.













 



No comments:

Post a Comment