Tuesday, May 28, 2024

My Favorite Things - May Release!

 




Hello and welcome to my release day card project for MFT's May release offering.  The release is now live and available for purchase and I hope you pick up these delightful hippos illustrated by Yuzu Illustration.  Here's what I've used to make this card:-




To create this card, I first took two white A2 panels of sturdy white cardstock.  With one I just glued it to my card base.  With the other one, I masked off lines and ink blended within them with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Ink and Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Inks for the yellow portion.

I stamped the sentiment in my Misti so that I could repeat stamp for a nice crisp image and then I die cut the panel using the Wonky Die-namics linked above.  This panel was glued to the card base.




I stamped the images I was going to use from Hula Hippos using MFT's Eiffel Tower ink.  I coloured using the following Copic marker combinations.

Palm Tree - E77, E44, E43, E31, E41, YG17, YG03, YG00
Parrot - YG03, YG00, R22, R21, R00, E42, E41
Hula Hippos - W4, W3, W2, W1, W0, YG03, E31, R22, R20, R00
Pineapple Cocktail - Y28, Y26, YR21, R22, R00
Tiki Torch - E43, E31, YR00, Y15, Y38, YR04
Hibiscus Flower - R22, R20, R00, YG17, YG03, YG00




I die cut the images using the coordinating die-namics and then applied them to the card background using dimensional foam tape.

For the finishing touches I used a black glaze pen to emphasise the hippo's eyes and then switched to a white gel pen to highlight a few points.  Last but by no means least I glued in place 3 sparkling clear sequins for a little bit of twinkle!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.









No comments:

Post a Comment