Friday, February 23, 2024

My Favorite Things - February Release Countdown Day Four

 





We're starting the big countdown today to the February 27th new release from MFT Stamps which you can get at 10am Eastern on that day.  Here's what I've used to create my first card for this release:-


Monkey Around is one of the new Jenoblade illustrated stamp sets and I decided to create an always fun shaker card.

I ink blended a background panel with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Inks.  I splashed the background with metallic watercolor paint loosened with a drop of water.  I die cut twice using the Rectangle Frames to create two identical frames.  I applied an acetate panel to the back of one and then added dimensional tape around the outside. I flipped it upside down and filled it with a sequin and embellishment mix that I created from my stash.  I used my anti static tool to run along the edges of the foam tape to remove the stickiness and then peeled off the backing of the tape.  I applied the second frame die cut to the green blended background and then carefully aligned and stuck down this backing panel to seal the shaker unit.   This was then glued to my sturdy card base.




In creating the frames I was left with negative cuts.  Perfectly sized of course and so I just used the Snow Drifts die-namics to create a grounding for the monkeys.  I attached this to the shaker window using ScorPal tape.

Next I stamped the images using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and then I coloured with the following Copic marker combinations:-

Monkeys - E77, E44, E43, E31, E41
Blushes - R22, R21, R00
Bananas - Y19, Y15, Y06, W1
Pink - R22, R21, R00, R000
Teal - BG15, BG32, G00

I used a white gel pen to dot in some interest and highlight certain points then I die cut using the coordinating die-namics and I applied them to the shaker window using dimensional foam tape.




All that was needed now was to stamp the sentiment on a sentiment strip  and stick this down and the card was complete.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.

















No comments:

Post a Comment