Friday, June 9, 2023

My Favorite Things - June Release - Countdown Day 4

 



Welcome to Countdown Day 4 to the June 13th release by MFT Stamps available at 10am Eastern!  Here is what I've used to make this new card:-


I started as always by creating a background.  No ink blending today, this new Sand, Surf, & Sky paper pad has got all of your seaside backgrounds covered.   I chose seagulls in the sky and one of the two sand prints for my background and I sized a square panel for my needs and over this I layered two sandbanks created using the Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics.  Each sandbank was backed with white craft foam and layered over the sky background, so I'm really building some dimension here!   This background panel was adhered to a slightly larger white panel which in turn was applied to a slightly larger card base with the overall dimensions being 5 3/4 inches square.   I love a square card!!!




I stamped just about all the images from the new stamp set using my favourite Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.   I really loved colouring these images, here are the Copic colours that I used:-

Skin - E33, E11, E21, E00
Blushes - R22, R21, R20, R00
Red Combo - R39, R29, R27, R08
Blue Combo - B99, B97, B95, B93, B91
Yellow Combo - Y19, Y17, Y13
White Combo - C3, C1, C0, C00
Sandcastle - E33, E42, E41
Bag - E33, E42, E41, C3, C1, C0
Sun Hat - E50, W2, W1, W0
Silver Hair - W2, W1, W0
Girl Hair - E44, E42, E51
Boy Hair - E51, E42

Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and then I die cut using the coordinating die-namics and then built the scene starting in the back with the parasol and working forward and using either one or two layers of dimensional foam tape as needed since the sandbanks are stacked at two heights.

To finish my project I stamped and applied the sentiment on a sentiment strip backed with foam tape and I added a few sparkling clear sequins for that perfect accent that doesn't distract.




Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.












 



No comments:

Post a Comment