Thursday, June 8, 2023

My Favorite Things - June Release - Countdown Day 5

 





Well hello there and welcome to my blog on this first day of the Countdown to the June 13th release by MFT Stamps which you can buy at 10am Eastern.  Let's get straight into the details here with this list of the items used in the making of my card:-


I started out by created the under sea background.   This begun by ink blending an A2 white panel of cardstock using Distress Oxide Inks in Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire.  Once blended I then layered over the stencil and using white pigment ink I added the underwater sun rays.  This panel was adhered to my card base.

I then die cut the Under The Sea Die-namics and ink blended  the rock with the cave opening and the sand with Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink and over this I layered some residue  of ink on my blending brush of Mermaid Lagoon or in the case of the smaller elements I Copic coloured all the different parts and once done, I adhered them to the background panel with foam tape. After I'd coloured each part I did a wash of blue colour over the top using the BG11 Copic marker, this toned down the vivid colours and made it look more 'underwater'.




I stamped and coloured the images from Mermaid For Each Other using Copic markers.  Here are my colour combinations:-

Jellyfish - V01, V000, V0000, B63
Mermaid Skin - E34, E11, E21, E00
Blushes - R22, R21, R20, R00
Mermaid Bodies - BG34, G00, BG11, G000
Mermaid Purple Hair - B63, V01, V000
Mermaid Pink Hair - B63, RV23, R00

I highlighted with a white gel pen and also used it to add 'texture' to the mermaid tails.

I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white and then I added very subtle bubbles using bubble image stamps from the stamp set and white pigment ink.




Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.















No comments:

Post a Comment