Saturday, June 3, 2023

Lawn Fawn - Berry Special

 



Nothing says Summer like sweet strawberries and so I just had to treat myself to this 'Berry Special' stamp set by Lawn Fawn.  Here's what I used in the making of this card:-


My colours were all informed by the panel of patterned paper from the What's Sewing On paper pack.  I created a panel that was 1/8 of an inch smaller than A2 and I glued this to an A2 white panel of cardstock and then to my card base.

I created a frame using the second largest frame included in the Stitched Rectangle Frames Die set.  I backed the outer/frame cut with dimensional foam tape and applied it to the patterned panel.  I then ink blended the centre cut using Bundled Sage, Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Inks.  I splashed the panel with a little water and water mixed with a little acrylic paint in white to distress it's appearance.  I applied glue to the opening inside the frame and glued this blended panel down.




I stamped the images from Berry Special using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.   I coloured the images with the following Copic markers:-

Strawberry Vines - YG41, G40, G20, R22, R20, R00, YR31
Jam Jar - R22, R21, R20, R00, BG11, C3, C1, C0
Strawberry Carton - E44, E43, E42, E41
Cupcake - E44, E43, E42, E41, YR31, Y21
Bee - YR31, Y21, BG34, BG000
Mice - E31, E41
Overalls - BG34, G00

I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen and then die cut using the coordinating Berry Special dies and then added the images either directly to the frame in the case of the vines or with dimensional foam tape for the actual scene.

To finish up, I added a few more white dots into the background with my white gel pen and added a few sparkling clear sequins.

Thank you for joining me today and I'll be back before you know it with something new!










No comments:

Post a Comment