Thursday, June 1, 2023

Lawn Fawn - Magic Iris Beehive Add-On

 



Hello crafters, welcome to my blog and a new card that I created using purchases from the most recent and very gorgeous release by Lawn Fawn.   Here's what I have used in the making of this card:-


I used Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink to softly ink blend an A2 panel of white cardstock.  I applied a little more ink at the top and gently faded it out towards the bottom.   I then used the Cloud Background Stencils (just one of the pair of two) and some white pigment ink and ink blended the clouds, these show more as a little a surprise when the card is handled.  I used a white gel pen to add a little bit of outlining to each card to make them more prominent.

I die cut the largest frame from Stitched Rectangle Frames and backed it with skinny strips of dimensional foam tape and applied it to the background and then the panel was adhered to my card base.




I die cut white cardstock using the Beehive die and all it's little accessory images like the blossoms and bees.  I used my Copic markers to colour the images, here's what I used:-

Hive - YR23, Y17, Y15, Y13, Y31, E30, Y00, Y000, W2
Bees, - YR31, Y21, E30, G00
Blushes - R22, R20, R00
Branches - E44, E43, E42
Leaves - YG45, YG41, G40
Blossoms - RV10, R000, R0000, Y17, Y08, Y000

I added Stickles glitter to the bee's wings and when dry I assembled all the little pieces using glue then backed them with foam tape and applied them for a lovely dimensional look.

Last but not least, I stamped and heat embossed the opening/inside of the hive using my chosen sentiment from 'More Magic Messages' and I backed this piece with glue and recessed it through the opening.  A few points were highlighted with a white gel pen.

Absolutely LOVED making this card!  Hope you come back and see what I make next.  Have a happy and crafty day!













No comments:

Post a Comment