Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Purple Onion Designs - A Special Day Spring 2022 Release



I was delighted to be invited to guest design for Purple Onion Design and their brand new release of a whole new collection illustrated by Stacey Yacula called 'A Special Day'.   Purple Onion is also celebrating 10 wonderful years of stamp collections.  I will be sharing a second card using the new collection on Saturday May 28th.





This is a slimline card and I first die cut a panel using a slimline die from my crafty stash.   This panel was stencil ink blended to create the sky and grass using slimline stencils from My Favorite Things. 

I stamped the sentiment which is Purple Onion but from a former release and then this panel was backed with white craft foam and attached to my already prepared slimline card base.





For this card I'm using 2 images from the new release.  The stamp image on the left is called 'The Prickles' and the bird in front is 'Jessie'.  Aren't they just the sweetest?

I stamped them with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and coloured them with Copic markers and then I very carefully fussy cut the images.   I applied them to the scene using dimensional foam tape and highlighted a few points with a white gel pen.

A few sparkling clear sequins completed the card.





I appreciate you stopping by my blog today!  Happy crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment