Tuesday, August 24, 2021

My Favorite Things - Stuffed Santa Card Kit - Release Day

Hey everyone today is the day you can purchase the My Favorite Things August Card Kit called 'Stuffed Santa', the release is now live!









To create my card using items for the kit I first used the A2 Stitched Rectangles STAX Die-namics (set 2) to create two panels.   One was done using Amarena Cherry Prestige Cardstock and the second was just with smooth white cardstock.   This second panel was stamped using the Ho Ho Ho Background Stamp and Versamark Ink then heat embossed in white.  I then ink blended first with Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Ink followed by Tea Dye Distress Oxide Ink around the edge to 'antique it' a little.

I backed the smaller panel with white craft foam and glued it to the red panel which in turn was adhered to my card base.




I then used dimensional foam tape to apply the snow blown roof top by die cutting white cardstock with the Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics.   You could make your rooftop flat but of course snow on a roof is always sculpted into beautiful curves by the wind and I love that look.    I popped this in my Misti and stamped the fun sentiment.

I stamped the images I was using from the stamp set Stuffed Santa and coloured the images with Copic markers.  Here's my colour palette:-

Chimney -  E44, E43, E42, E41
Snow on Chimney - BG70, G0000, G000
Santa - RV69, R39, R29, R24, W9, W7, W5, W4, W3, Y15

A white gel pen was used to highlight a few points then the images die cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.





To complete the fun card I first used Nuvo Stone Drops in Chalk White to form the granular/fluffy snow fall and Stickles glitter was applied to the dripping edge of the snow on the chimney because it just wouldn't be Christmas without some sparkle!

I appreciate you stopping by my blog today and happy crafting!



28 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! Love the background how you darkened the edging! Such a fun card kit! So many great card ideas and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fun patterns and details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute card! I love Santa trying to go down the chimney! I also love that you used the HOHOHO background stamp with this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing card; I especially love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card...I love the text background and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card and love what you've done with the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card. I love your use of the background stamp. Thank you for posting your Copics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Love the sentiment…

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! Love the sentiment…

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this hysterically cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. :Perfect background for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card makes me smile! Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute. Love the ho ho ho background. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet background and design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like the layout of the snow up to the chimney and Santa on his way down - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute with the Ho Ho background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the background created. Great color mix.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, thanks for sharing the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the background stamp you used! Perfect for this fun Santa scene! Very fun sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! Love the background and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! I love the HoHoHo background, you did a lot of work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! I love the HoHoHo background!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The huge snowflakes look great. This is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your card! That background is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete