Sunday, August 22, 2021

My Favorite Things - Stuffed Santa Card Kit - Countdown Day 2

Today is Countdown Day 2 to the August 24th card kit release by My Favorite Things.   The kit is called 'Stuffed Santa' and is packed with fun.








My card was created by using the A2 Stitched Rectangles STAX Die-namics Set 2 to create a white panel which I stamped with the sentiment from the Stuffed Santa stamp set and ink blended a focal point using Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass and Kitsch Flamingo together with Princess Pink Premium Dye Ink.  This panel was adhered to a panel of Cotton Candy cardstock and I added Nuvo drops  to the sky for some snow and set this aside to dry.




Using cardstock in the Cotton Candy again together with Princess Pink, Sno-Cone, white and Gravel Grey, I die cut all the components to make the rooftop  and assembled it with glue and dimensional foam tape.   I then used some of the same cardstock to create the string lights using the die-namics 'Christmas String Lights'.

I applied the rooftop component to my card with foam tape and used Stickles to glitter up the snow and lights.

I added 3 snowflakes using Sweet Snowflakes Die-namics.



The fun finishing touch was to squeeze Santa into the top of the chimney.  I stamped the image and coloured it with Copic markers.   I used the following colours:-

Skin -  E04, E11 E21, E00
Cheeks - R21
Hat - RV000, RV10, RV02, T2, T1, T0
Beard -  T2, T1, T0

I placed him in the chimney with foam tape and highlighted a few points with a white gel pen and with that the card was complete!

I'll be back on release day with new inspiration for how to use the Card Kit.   I appreciate you stopping by today.  Happy crafting!









11 comments:

  1. Wonderful soft colors with sparkle/shine.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink is the up and coming color for the holiday season. Perfect harmony. AWESOME CARD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love the colors that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the use of non traditional colours on this card. Love the design too,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the pastel colors as it is rare in a holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the non-traditional colors, and thank you for posting the Copic numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look it's a pink Santa! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card and yur choice of colors, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card and yur choice of colors, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card and yur choice of colors, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color combination, very untraditional.

    ReplyDelete