Monday, August 16, 2021

My Favorite Things - August Vault Release Countdown Day 1

Tomorrow at 10am Eastern you'll be able to buy all of the newly released from the vault stamps and coordinating dies illustrated by Birdie Brown for My Favorite Things.   My card today uses Happy Hippos which forms part of this release.







First I prepped a background by ink blending with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink and then I splashed on Blueprint Sketch and Candied Apple.

I framed the panel with a white cardstock die cut made using A2 Rectangle Frames Die-namics which I backed with foam tape and applied to the panel.




I used the Happy Birthday Script Die-namics and die cut 4 times from white cardstock and I adhered each. one to the next in a neat stack and then glued this as the top. of the panel for a nice chunky/dimensional sentiment.

I stamped the images from Happy Hippos and coloured them with Copic markers.  Here is my colour palette:-

Hippos - W4, W2, W1, W0, W00
Cheeks - R00, R20, R21
Yellows - Y17, Y15, Y06, Y00
Reds - R39, R29, R24
Blues - B14, B04, B12

Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and I die cut using the coordinating dies and backed them with foam tape and applied.




The finishing touch was just the addition of a few scattered sparkling clear sequins for an extra festive touch.

Very grateful to you for stopping by today.   Join me for the vault release post I'll have up tomorrow featuring another stamp set by Birdie Brown.






No comments:

Post a Comment