Sunday, August 15, 2021

My Favorite Things - August Vault Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to my blog and to Countdown Day 2 to the My Favorite Things August Vault Release which as you probably already know is all about Birdie Brown past sets.    My card today features Witch Way Is The Candy, perfect for your Halloween cards.







I love making backgrounds and I think they get to be especially fun when creating one's for Halloween cards.  For this card I blended Distress Oxides,  Squeezed Lemonade in the centre and then softly blended in Seedless Preserves around that then Ground Espresso followed by Black Soot.   I splashed water on the panel and blotted it up and added dots for stars with a white gel pen as well.   The panel was then die cut using the A2 Stitched Rectangles STAX Die-namics to be slightly smaller than A2 and then mounted to a white A2 panel.




I die cut the Spooky Fence Die-namics using Black Licorice Prestige Cardstock and glue this directly to my panel.

I stamped the Witch Way Is The Candy images and coloured them with Copic markers.   Here is my colour palette:-

Hat, Cloak, Cat, Bat - T9, T7, T5, T3
Eyes - B00, BG000
Frog, Hair - G46, G24, G43
Purples - V17, V15, V12
Pumpkins - YR09, YR07, YR04, Y38
Skin - E04, E11, E21, E00
Cheeks - R20, R21
Broom - YR04,  E51, E43, W4

A white gel pen was used to highlight some points and the elements were die cut using the coordinating die-namics.   I played around with the arrangement and then once happy everything was adhered either directly or with foam tape for dimension.




Last thing was to stamp the sentiment which fit perfectly on to a sentiment strip created using Stitched Sentiment Strips, this was applied with more foam tape.

Card complete!  

I'll be back tomorrow with a new vault release countdown card - join me then!  Happy crafting!








1 comment: