Thursday, July 8, 2021

My Favorite Things - Color Challenge #169

Welcome to my blog today for a new Color Challenge #169 at MFT Stamps.   I'm sharing an inspiration card and I show the colour palette you'll be working with right below it.






To create my card I first started with the background panel which I stamped using the Scallop Stripe by Stacey Yacula.  I adhered this to a panel of Tropical Teal Prestige cardstock that was a full A2 panel.

I used the Tri-Frame Cover-Up Die-namics and die cut a panel of white cardstock.   I kept one of the negative cuts, ink blended it using Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers and stamped the sentiment from Birthday Chicks.   This frame die cut was then backed with foam tape and adhered to the background panel.



I stamped all of the images from Birthday Chicks and coloured them with Copic markers using the colour palette for the challenge as my guide.   Here are my colours:-

Chicks - E0000, E50, E51
Pinky/Reds R05, R22, R21, R20
Darker teal blend - BG78, BG57, BG49
Lighter teal blend BG49, G00, BG11, G0000

A few points were highlighted with a white gel pen and I then used the coordinating die-namics to die cut the images which I backed with foam tape and adhered to the scene.   I mounted my decorative panel to a sturdy white cardstock base - card complete.




If you would like to enter this challenge please visit MFT's website for the details and link for where you upload your entry.  Maybe you'll be the lucky winner of the $50 prize, good luck!










 

2 comments: