Friday, June 11, 2021

Hello Bluebird Stamps - Rain or Shine

Hi!   Thanks for stopping by my blog today to read about my latest card for Hello Bluebird Stamps.   My card today features the Rain or Shine stamp set from the most recent release in combination with Jane Small Alpha and for the background I used the Woven Background Stamp.




To create my card I first prepared a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inch square white cardstock card base.   To this I attached a square of pink cardstock in the same proportions.

I stamped a panel of white cardstock with the Woven Background Stamp using Blush Ink by The Stamp Market.  I did this in my Misti to ensure I could repeat stamp for a nice evenly coloured image.   I trimmed down this panel to just a fraction under 5 inches square and attached it to a 5 inch square white panel.  I love the look of layered edges and it also makes the card feel like such high quality because it is so substantial when handled.




I used the Grassy Knoll die to die cut a panel of grass which I ink blended softly with Distress Oxide Ink in Tumbled Glass.  This was sized to match the 'Woven' panel then backed with foam tape and applied.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my images from Rain or Shine using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I coloured my images with Copic marker, highlighted some points with a white gel pen then die cut using the coordinating dies and applied with either a single or double layer of dimensional foam tape to build depth.

Time for the sentiment!   I stamped the 'spread a little' from the Sparkles Script stamp set and then I used Jane Small Alpha to die cut the letters from SUNSHINE 5 times over!   Once from white, twice from pale blue and once from yellow cardstock and I adhered these letters in neat stacks, centred then aligned them on the Woven background and once happy I began to adhere them with glue.




To complete the card I just attached 3 sparkling clear sequins as subtle accents.   I didn't want them to look like rain so I tucked them partially obscured under some of the images.

Until the next time  - happy crafty time!






No comments:

Post a Comment