Tuesday, June 15, 2021

My Favorite Things - June Card Kit Release Day - Magnolia Blossoms

Welcome everyone!   Today is release day for the My Favorite Things June card kit featuring the Limited Edition Magnolia Blossoms stamp set.   The release is now available to buy!








To create my card I created an A2 panel of Princess Pink Prestige cardstock.    I set this to one side and using more of the same cardstock I stamped the images from Magnolia Blossoms using Versamark Ink and heat embossed with a Platinum coloured  embossing powder.   I die cut these images using the coordinating die-namics and then I used the die-namics once again to die cut once more (without stamping).




Copic markers work remarkably well on MFT's Prestige cardstock especially as I was doing tone on tone colouring and so I coloured the images using a limited colour palette.

I then backed the coloured die cut images with foam tape and attached the unstamped die cuts behind it and then I used more foam tape behind that and attached it to my card panel.   This card has some super duper dimension and is rather fun when viewed from the side.   You need to be discrete with the foam tape though!

Finally, I stamped the sentiment again with Versamark Ink and same embossing powder.  This sentiment strip was added with a little more foam tape so it appeared to float above the Magnolias.



I used a little Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Ink mixed with water and an old toothbrush and spritzed on the colour and added a few water droplet style embellishments.   The panel was attached to a sturdy white cardstock card base and with that it was complete.

I appreciate you stopping by today - happy shopping and happy crafting time!













22 comments:

  1. So very pretty! Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink background is a nice idea. I like the dots, too. They make the flowers even prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work - love pink! And the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful pink magnolia flowers! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the tone on tone look... such a beautiful blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card. I love the Monochrome look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning background and gorgeous in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the color of green you chose for the leaves 🍃. It looks great with the pink of the blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card. Love the green you chose for the leaves 🍃. They contrast beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this gorgeous pink card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The embossing is a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous in every way!! Love the yummy
    splattered background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the color mix. Nice background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love these magnolia blooms in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Beautiful! I love the bright pink and the gorgeous splattered background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Beautiful! I love the bright pink and the gorgeous splattered background!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Beautiful! I love the bright pink and the gorgeous splattered background!

    ReplyDelete