Monday, March 22, 2021

My Favorite Things - March Card Kit Countdown - Cats and Plants

As promised I'm back with new inspiration in the form of a new card using the March My Favorite Things Card Kit called Cats and Plants.









To create this card I have used Housecats and the Window Dressing Die-namics from the Cats and Plants Kit.   Patterned papers are from the included Wallpaper Patterns 6 x 6 Paper Pad.

To make the card I did a super soft ink blend with Distress Oxide Ink in Spun Sugar on to a panel of white cardstock.  I die cut the window 3 times from white cardstock and adhered each one to the next to make a dimensional stack.  I did a little ink blending on the panes of glass using Distress Oxide Ink in Tumbled Glass (seemed appropriate)!  I die cut the curtains using patterned paper from the paper pad and backed them and the curtain rod with dimensional foam tape.  I set all of this to one side.



On Copic friendly paper I stamped the Housecats images and coloured them up with Copic markers finishing with a few highlights added with a white gel pen before using the coordinating die-namics to die cut each image.

I assembled the window placing one of the cats peering through from the outside and adhered the window down then added the rod and curtains.   The two other cats were adhered with more foam tape.




Just the finishing touches to go now and I stamped the sentiment to Stitched Sentiment Strip which I trimmed up a little to meet the card's edge, adhering with foam tape.

Twinkle time!  I used vanilla coloured jewel accents to finish things off!

Release goes live tomorrow and I will be back at that time with my 3rd and final card for the kit release so I do hope you'll join me for that.










2 comments:

  1. I love the soft feel of this card, it has a very calm and soothing vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable card! Your ink blending just brings it up a level. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete