Friday, September 25, 2020

Frightful Little Bits - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello, I'm finally getting back to crafting after over 2 months away which was busily spent moving across country in the middle of a pandemic .... I love a challenge!!!!   I'm sharing a new slimline card for Hello Bluebird Stamps using those really not very scary Frightful Little Bits.  The card also uses the Gallery Frame #5 die and in the background I've used the background scene from Storybook Friends.  Read on for how I made it.


I ink blended a slimline panel with Dried Marigold and Weathered Wood Distress Inks and I splattered on some more of the Weathered Wood.   I then used the background image from Storybook and repeatedly stamped in full or in part and created a little background.  I stamped using Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white.   This panel was applied to a slimline card base.


 

















I die cut the Gallery Frame #5 die from sturdy white cardstock.  Backed it with dimensional foam tape and layered it over the background.   I like a lot of movement in my cards especially in the Autumn and Winter scenes and so I dotted in stars and drew in some 4 point stars using a gel pen and added a few 4 point star sequins adhering with glue.   This makes it so much fun when the card is handled.  What can I say, I like a little sparkle in my life!



















On Copic friendly cardstock the images from Frightful Little Bits were stamped using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I coloured them in pastel Copic colours and highlighted a few points with a white gel pen and then die cut, backed with foam tape and applied them to the scene.

I hope you have a fun Halloween, happy crafting and I'll see you next time!

Nicky x

 

1 comment: