Saturday, January 11, 2020

Maverick - Hello Bluebird Stamps

It's been a while since I played with the adorable Maverick stamp set by Hello Bluebird Stamps and the fact that I needed a more masculine birthday card for an aircraft enthusiast was just the excuse I needed to create this tall slimline card.



The finished dimensions of this slimline card are 8 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches (fits a size 9 envelope).  I created a card base and set it to one side.  I then created a panel and brushed on Tumbled Glass Distress Ink with a large stencil brush.  I splashed it with water droplets and blotted them up and then splattered on some watered down Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.



I die cut the clouds from Maverick without stamping the image first.  Some were applied directly and others were popped up on foam tape to build dimension.



On Copic friendly paper I stamped the Maverick images using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I coloured the images with Copic markers and die cut them.  I backed them with foam tape and applied them to the scene.

I grabbed the Happy Birthday Words Die and die cut red cardstock 4 times and once more from white cardstock.    I glued the stacks of letters/words together finishing off with the top layer of white.   I adhered them to the scene.  As you can see, having a deeper colour underneath the top layer creates a fun shadow affect and nicely picks up the colour from the little airplane. 



In the image above you can see the red under the white a little more clearly.  To finish up I used a little scrap of the red cardstock and die cut the 3 stars from Maverick.  These were popped up on tiny pieces of foam tape.

The whole panel was adhered to the 110lb cardstock base which is nice a sturdy for a dimensional card of this size.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment