Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Valentine's Day - Purple Onion Designs

I'm mixing up my Stacey Yacula illustrated stamps for Purple Onion Designs to create this Valentine's Day card.



The branch and woodgrain background are from the 'A Beautiful Day' collection, the clouds from 'A Sweet Summer' and the critters from 'Garden Blooms'.  The card was made by stamping the woodgrain background stamp with Versamark Ink on to an A2 panel then heat embossing in white for a subtle look.  I then used a circle die from my stash of useful basics and die cut the opening.



A panel of cardstock was ink blended using Distress Oxide Inks in Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers.  The panel was splashed with water and paint splashes and a few dots made with a white gel pen.  This panel was attached to a 110lb white cardstock base, the embossed panel was backed with foam tape and also applied.



On Copic friendly cardstock I used Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa to stamp the images.  I coloured them with Copic markers and then fussy cut all images, backed them with foam tape and applied them to the scene.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment and applied it with foam tape and a couple of Nuvo Crystal Drops added a minimal accent.



Thank you for stopping by today, I'll be back soon with a new project.  Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment