Thursday, October 31, 2019

O Christmas Tree - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello there!  I'm sharing another card today using O Christmas Tree and the Snowy Sky Scene Die from the brand new release.



To make this very dimensional card, I first of all die cut a panel of white cardstock using the Snowy Sky Scene die.  This becomes 3 sections and I ink blended the sky portion using Distress Oxide in Tumbled Glass.  I'd already predetermined my layout and therefore I barely inked the focal point because I wanted to highlight it and draw the eye to the centre.

The sky portion was adhered directly to my 110lb white cardstock base. The upper snow hill was applied backed with regular dimensional foam tape and the lowest one was applied with thick dimensional tape.  You could always do a double layer of regular foam tape of course!  This adds some nice depth and will help with perspective and the card just feels impressively substantial in the recipients hands.



On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped the images from O Christmas Tree with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured them with Copic markers, I was going for a modern twist on retro colours. All elements were die cut and applied to the scene with more foam tape.

Finishing up the scene, I stamped the sentiment to a strip of cardstock and applied that and then I got out my Stickles glitter and applied glitter in and around the animals as if they've been turning up the snow a little as they congregate to admire the Christmas tree, providing that essential Christmassy twinkle.



I really appreciate you stopping by my blog today for inspiration, I'll see you next time!
Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment