Saturday, November 2, 2019

Pine Cone Trail - Purple Onion Designs



Hello Friends,

I've a new card using the latest Purple Onion Designs release today.  The new release is called Pine Cone Trail and was illustrated by Stacey Yacula and I've used the no-line watercolour painting technique for a very soft look.  Should you feel tempted to buy the entire new collection at a discounted rate please click HERE.



I stamped the new Winter Trail background stamp onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock using Ink On 3 ink.  I delicately applied watercolour paints and then glitter to create a soft and twinkling background.



On yet more Bristol Smooth I again used Ink on 3 ink and stamped the snowman images.  Bianca and Neve from the new release and Snow (Snowman with Broom) from a previous release.  Again these images were watercolour painted in the no line style then fussy cut.  I inverted them onto a firm rubber mat and starting making circular movements using the rounded end of my craft knife, I started to make them curl to that they took on a rounded effect then you add foam tape to the reverse and apply them.  It means you can't really see the foam tape behind and it just adds to the wonderful softness of no line and of course the rounded edges of freshly fallen snow.



The sentiment is from Warming Winter Sentiment set and stamped with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in silver.  The panel was trimmed up top and bottom and adhered layered over a glittered silver cardstock to give an edge top and bottom.  This in turn was applied to a sturdy 110lb white cardstock base to finish the project.

Thank you for stopping by and I will see you very soon with a new card.

Nicky x

1 comment:

  1. This is SO adorable!!! I love their hats and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete