Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Having Fun Mixing Hello Bluebird Stamps!

Made this card purely for the fun of it and for the love of Hello Bluebird Stamps.  This card combines bunny images and puddles and splashes from several Hello Bluebird stamp sets.  I just appreciate the fact that Hello Bluebird thoughtfully scales their stamps so that you can do this and in turn this creates endless possibilities.



For your reference I've used bunny images from Elephant Friends and Moose and Friends and puddle images and splashes from Puddle Play, Elephant Friends and Rainy Day.  The sentiment is from Puddle Play also.

To create the card I first ink blended a panel of white cardstock using Distress Inks in Iced Spruce and Tumbled Glass .... I just might have a favourite new colour combination in these two!!!  I did a little ink splashing to distress the blending.   I die cut white cardstock with the Gallery Frame 2 Die and backed this with foam tape and applied it over my coloured panel.  The sentiment was stamped using Memento Ink in Fog in the upper portion.



I also stamped the water puddles and splashes with the same Memento Ink as well as some little hearts from Puddle Play that I did in a slightly darker grey shade of ink.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock and using Ranger Archival Ink in Coffee I stamped the bunny images and watercolour painted them using the following:-  Kuretake Zigs in Oatmeal and Mid Gray and Tombow ABTs in 800 and 761.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.



The bunnies were backed with a little foam tape and applied to the scene.



I stuck the panel to a 100lb white cardstock base and then uses a few tiny sparkling clear sequins to complete my project.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back with something new before you know it!

Nicky x


1 comment: