Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Hippos On Holiday - Hello Bluebird Stamps.

Hello, I have shadow box pop-up card for you today using Hippos On Holiday from Hello Bluebird Stamps.



I'm not going to teach you how to make a shadowbox pop-up card, I would simply direct you to this superb video tutorial by Jennifer McGuire which will walk you through all the steps.  Don't be intimidated ... you can do this!



So basically you're going to make the basic shadow box pop-up card form as per Jennifer's specifications and  then for my card i decided I was going to make a fun ocean scene with the cuties from Hippos on Holiday.   First of all I die cut the rectangular opening in the front panel and then I die cut the wave image from Basic Borders Die twice and ink blended using Distress Oxide in Peacock Feathers.  I also used a sun ray stencil and used Spun Sugar Distress Oxide to decorate the inside background of the card.



I stamped my hippo images onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.   I watercolour painted everything using Kuretake Zigs in Mid Gray, Light Gray, Light Pink, Yellow and Orange.  All images were die cut and then certain points given some highlights with a white gel pen.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento 'Teal' to a sentiment strip from the Stitched Tag Builder Die.

I then assembled the card bit by bit as per the video instructions and using acetate to 'float' images in 'mid air' such as the diving Hippo.  I embellished the card with flat cup Sparkling Clear Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.

I used 110lb cardstock for my shadowbox and it is very very sturdy and stands up easily as seen in the next image but of course it also folds down to an A2 size for mailing.



Plenty of room on the back to write your personal message to the recipient!  This was such a fun project, thank you for coming by to read today.

Nicky x






No comments:

Post a Comment