Sunday, July 28, 2019

Spread Kindness - Purple Onion Designs

I have a sweet new card today to share with you.  The card uses illustrations from Stacey Yacula's Spread Kindness collection for Purple Onion Designs.



This is a slimline card with finished dimensions of 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches which fits a standard size 9 envelope.

I also created a slightly smaller panel which I stencil ink blended using a stencil by Alexandra Renke.  I used Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade and Tumbled Glass and I also used a little of the Squeezed Lemonade to make a pastel bloom of colour on two corners.  I wanted it to look ethereal but definitely fun too!



I stamped the two cuties from Spread Kindness onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in Flesh Colour, Pale Pink, Light Pink, Dull Blue, Yellow and Haze Blue.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and then they were fussy cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the background panel.



I love the Essential Thoughts Sentiment Set and selected my sentiment from that set, stamping it in Navy Blue Memento Ink.

I backed the panel with white craft foam and applied it to the card base and then all that was left was to glue the micro star 'sequins' in a magical trail behind each fairy.

It was my pleasure to share this card with you today, I hope you'll come back to read my blog again, better yet, consider signing up for an email for each new blog post I make and never miss another card.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment