Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Beach Babes and Oliver Alphas Die - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!  Day 4 of the Hello Bluebird June release Previews and also RELEASE DAY!!! (7pm MST) I'm introducing you to Beach Babes where we get to enjoy more of the adorable piggies we've come to love from Hello Bluebird over the months.  



This is a slimline card with finished dimensions of 8 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches to fit a standard Size 9 envelope.  I masked off the edges of my panel with washi tape and ink blended using Distress Oxides in Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber and Tea Dye.  A few splashes of water were spritzed on then blotted up just to soften the appearance and then the mask was carefully removed.

Along the white line where the water meets the sand I dabbed on Stickles in 'Crystal' with my fingertip, you can just about make it out in Photo 4 of this blogpost but in person it gives a gorgeous strip of glitter through the scene.

I used the wave die from Otter Friends to cut the wave openings in the water and I used a white gel pen to highlight the edge of each opening.

Next, I tackled the die cutting of the new Oliver Alpha Dies.  From 110lb white cardstock I die cut each letter 4 times over and glued them in stacks and then after determining the centre point of the length of my card I centred the word 'punny' word BACON and adhered.



I stamped the two smaller sentiments which are from Hippos On Holiday, backing the white strip with dimensional foam tape and adhering.

On Strathmore Bristol Smooth and with my favourite Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil. I stamped all the piglets from Beach Babes.  I watercolour painted the images using the following colour palette - Kuretake Zigs in Flesh Colour, Pale Pink, Blush, Light Pink, Carmine Red, Cobalt Blue and Beige.  I also used a Tombow ABT in 020.  All images were die cut and backed with foam tape and adhered.  A few points were highlighted again using the white gel pen.



The finishing  touch was to  simply adhere some 'raindrop' style embellishments upside down turning them into splashes instead!  I also used used a pale gold gel pen and dotted in some glimmer in both the sand and sea.



I thank you for coming by to read about this card.  I hope you are excited as we are for the release this evening.  Happy shopping!

Nicky x






No comments:

Post a Comment