Thursday, June 27, 2019

Bubbles - Miss Ink Stamps

You may have seen my first card using 'Bubbles' by Miss Ink Stamps and I was excited to find the time to create a second with this exceptionally cute stamp set.



To make this card I grabbed an A2 panel of white cardstock and a cloud stencil.  Using Distress Ink in Squeezed Lemonade I ink blended the clouds with the stencil.  Using Distress Oxide in tumbled glass I ink blended the 'grass' having die cut two grassy edges from dies in my collection.  All pieces were die cut to provide the wonky stitch background using a die from Mama Elephant called Cloud 9.

The taller section of grass was adhered directly to the main panel and the smaller front piece was backed with dimensional foam tape and applied.  The sentiment was stamped and then the whole panel was adhered to a 110lb white cardstock base which is super sturdy.  I set this to one side.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock the images I was using from Bubbles were stamped with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil, then watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs in Shadow Mauve, Light Brown, Light Pink, Mid Gray and Brown.  I also used a Tombow ABT in 850.  Images were fussy cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the scene with a few white highlights.



For my finishing touches I applied Nuvo Crystal Drops over the bubble with the mouse and over the bubble the fox is forming as he runs.  I also used some bubble style embellishments from my stash and glued them in place using Ranger Multi Medium Matte since it dries totally clear.

Card complete - thank you for coming by to read about this card making process. Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment