Friday, March 15, 2019

Spread Kindness - Purple Onion Designs

Hello there!  I'm so happy you swung by the blog today to read about my latest card for Purple Onion Designs.  This card uses two images from the Spread Kindness category by Stacey Yacula Studio.  Namely, Floral Corners and Tiny Dwelling.



I stamped the Tiny House image onto an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I then stamped and fussy cut a mask of this image and lay it over the original image.  I ink blended with Distress Oxide in Spun Sugar (above the grass line)  and with Mowed Lawn below the grass line.  I splashed some Picked Raspberry Distress Ink, mixed with a drop of water into the pink sky and then removed the mask and die cut it to finish the edges with the faux stitched edge and then adhering the panel to a 110lb white cardstock base.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped the Floral Corners so that I had one for each corner.  I used Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil for this.  I also stamped the snail and the bee from Garden Blooms.  I then set about watercolour painting all images using the following:-

Tombow ABTs in 243, 772.

Kuretake Zigs in Mid Gray 096, Oatmeal 064, May Green 047, Haze Blue 302, Pale Rose 230, Yellow 050, Pink 025, Deep Red 260, Gray Brown 094 and Light Pink 026.

The Floral Corners and Snail and Bee were fussy cut, backed with dimensional foam tape and applied to the panel.



Finishing touches time!  I randomly applied some sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh and I stamped the sentiment from Snowflake Grove and adhered it on more foam tape.

I thank you for coming by my blog today, hope you'll join me next time.

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment