Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Farmyard Little Bits - Hello Bluebird

Hi guys!  I've reached back into my Hello Bluebird stash and decided to play with Farmyard Little Bits today.



For this fun card I created a galaxy background - they are just so much fun to make!   I created mine by using Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot.

Using a toothbrush I splattered white arcylic paint loosened with a little water.  I also dotted in some glistening dots which only really show when the card is handled, using a Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  This panel was left to dry and then was die cut with the wonky stitch decorative border and attached to a 110lb white cardstock base.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped the cows using Archival Ink in Jet Black.  I watercolour painted the images using the following:-  Tombow ABT 020 and Kuretake Zigs in Haze Blue 302, Gray 090, Oatmeal 064, Light Pink 026.  The moon was given a lick of Wink of Stella to make it shimmer a little.

All images were die cut and applied with foam tape.  The sentiments were stamped and applied the same way.  The little speech bubble with the word 'moo' in it is from Photo Stack.



I wanted my galaxy to twinkle like crazy, to that end I used Ranger Multi Medium Matte to adhere flat micro star sequins, some jewels from Pretty Pink Posh (picking up a little of the pink from the watercolour painting and repeating it) and then some drop dead gorgeous holographic sequins from The Ton.  

Card complete!  

Thanks for coming by to read today, I really appreciate it!

Nicky x

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is fabulous, Nicky! I adore the galaxy background and how sparkly and twinkly you made it. Those bitty cows are so fun! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .... nothing it more fun than making galaxy backgrounds!

      Delete
  2. Nicky, this is the most adorable card!

    ReplyDelete