Friday, February 1, 2019

Valentine's Card for Purple Onion Designs

Hello!  I have a relatively quick Valentine's card for you today using stamps from Stacey Yacula Studio for Purple Onion Designs.  Characters are from the Spread Kindness category and the balloons are from the Sweet Occasions category.



I masked off the edges of an A2 panel of white cardstock.  I used a cloud stencil and Distress Oxide Ink in Spun Sugar to create a romantic, cloudy background.  The mask was then removed.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped all of the images using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil, I stamped my sweet characters.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in the following colours - Deep Red 260 (also for hearts), Light Pink 026, Haze Blue 302, Pale Pink 028 and Flesh Colour 071.  I also used Tombow ABT's in shades 912 and 020.

I fussy cut the images and applied them to the scene using dimensional foam tape.  The decorative panel was applied to a pink cardstock base and a writing insert was adhered inside.

Using a piece of scrap cardstock of the same type used for the card base I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in silver, I trimmed up the strip and added that with foam tape also.



The final touch was the addition of a few jewel type embellishments which reflect some of the colours used in the project.

Thanks for coming by to read about this Valentine's card, I'll be back with another card for Purple Onion very soon!

Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment