Monday, February 4, 2019

Cupcake Critters - Pretty Pink Posh

Hi!  I couldn't wait to use the Cupcake Critters from Pretty Pink Posh again and re-imagine them in different colours!



For this card I ink blended a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock using Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade.   I stamped the sentiment in Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil and adhered the panel to my card base.

From another panel of white cardstock I die cut the stitched frame using the Stitched Notes Die, I backed the frame with dimensional foam tape and applied it to the panel.



All of the Cake Critters images were stamped on to Bristol Smooth cardstock again using the Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  The images were die cut then watercolour painted using the following - Tombow ABT in 020 and Kuretake Zigs in Beige 072, Mid Gray 096, Light Pink 026, Bright Yellow 052, Orange 070, Light Blue 036 and Cobalt Blue 031.  Points were highlighted with a Uni-ball Signo white gel pen and I then decided on a layout and adhered them with more foam tape.



I kept my finishing embellishments to a minimum and added a little Stickles sparkle in gold around the candles and used a few gold jewel embellishments by Pretty Pink Posh to accent.

I appreciate you stopping by to read about this project, see you next time!

Nicky x




1 comment:

  1. This is so cute and I just am in awe of your skills with the Zigs. I really like the scenes you create. The color palette is wonderful and the ink blended background looks terrific. :)

    ReplyDelete