Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Swinging By - Neat and Tangled

Hello, I've been creating with some new stamps and dies I treated myself to.  This is Swinging By by Neat and Tangled.



My card started by making the stencilled background by ink blending using  Distress Oxides in Blueprint Sketch and Cracked Pistachio and the Scalloped Stencil by Neat and Tangled.  I then squished a little of the Blueprint Sketch onto my craft mat and adding a dollop of water and then using a toothbrush I splattered the panel to distress it.  The panel was then die cut using one of the dies from Scalloped Nice and Neat set.



I backed this panel with craft foam and applied it to a panel with a faux stitched die cut edge which in turn was adhered to the white cardstock base.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock the main image was stamped using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted it using the following Kuretake Zig colours - Blue Gray 092, Blue 030, Deep Red 260, Light Pink 026, Flesh Colour 071 and Blush 069.  Points were highlighted with a Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen.  The image was die cut with the coordinating die and applied using foam tape.



Final steps were to stamp the two sentiments with Versamark Ink and heat emboss in silver.  I used two dies included in the Scalloped Nice and Neat die set to cut the sentiment strips and each was applied with more foam tape.

The scene was finished out with a varied selection of sequins which were adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte glue.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today to read about this card, see you next time!

Nicky x


1 comment:

  1. So cute! The images are adorable and I really like how you created the background. It's really interesting and not too busy. Adds just the right touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete