Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Bee Happy - Hello Bluebird

Hello!

I have a new card for you today featuring Bee Happy by Hello Bluebird Stamps.



First of all I ink blended my background panel using Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers and Mowed Lawn.  I distressed the panel by splashing water droplets over it and then blotted them up a few seconds later.  Next, I prepared my top panel.  I chose a die in my collection to cut an offset opening - anything will do but circular shapes work best in my opinion.  I then repeatedly stamped a small floral sprig from the Springtime stamp set.  I used a couple of toning shades of Memento Inks to achieve this.



I backed the top panel with dimensional foam tape and positioned it over my panel to test where the buzzy bee trail would be stamped.  Removed the panel, stamped the trail and then actually adhered the panel.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped the images from Bee Happy.  I watercolour painted them using the following colours.  Kuretake Zigs in Pale Yellow 055, Yellow 050, Light Green 041, Dark Gray 095, Haze Blue 302 and Light Pink 026.  Also used were Tombow ABTs in 991 and 062.   These images were then die cut and applied to the scene with 1 or 2 layers of dimensional foam tape.

I used a little Wink of Stella to glitter up the bee's wings and the honey in the pot.  I stamped the sentiment on a strip of toning cardstock and also adhered it with foam tape.



The final touch was the application of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Duck Egg Blue.  I kept these drops close to the focal point of the card to keep the attention right where it is needed!

Thanks for stopping by to read today - I hope you make something pretty today!

Nicky x

1 comment:

  1. This is delightful. So bright and cheery. Made me smile. Thank you for sharing how you created the card. :)

    ReplyDelete