Hey everybody I have some exciting news to share with you today .... I have been invited to join the Purple Onion Designs Design Team and I can't wait for all the creativity that lies ahead.
I've got a cute card for you today that seems quite fitting for the occasion and it features the incredibly sweet VW Bus and Trio of Balloons by Purple Onion Designs as illustrated by Stacey Yacula. The scene also includes the Stacked Luggage with Bird stamp that nicely compliments the bus.
This is one of my slimline cards (use my search feature to find more) the finished dimensions of which are 8 1/12 x 3 1/2 inches with my panel cut to 8.2 x 3.2 and you can make this from one sheet of new cardstock with only a slim strip left over making it very economical and those strips are great to keeping for sentiments! Envelopes for this size of card can easily be sourced by searching for slimline, invitation, #9 or size 9 envelopes.
I started by masking off an edge around my panel and then using Clarity Stencil Brushes I delicately ink blended using Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade and Dried Marigold which is a favourite combo of mine. I finished by squishing a little Picked Raspberry onto my acrylic block and then spritzing a little water into it and then using a paint brush I splattered a few times to distress the background and then a few more times after that just with water alone. This all makes the background so soft and dreamy.
I removed the mask and set the panel aside whilst I stamped my images onto Bristol Smooth cardstock using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil and that I then watercolour painted using the following colours. Kuretake Zigs in Warm Gray 900, Beige 072, Mid Gray 096, Bright Yellow 052, Light Carmine 021 and Haze Blue 302. Also used was a Tombow ABT 020. All images were then fussy cut out - nothing too complicated here but I did use a craft knife for in between the balloon strings!
I decided on my exact layout and stamped my three sentiments with more of the Potting Soil Ink then applied dimensional foam tape behind the bus and balloons and applied them to the scene.
The final touch was to delve into my substantial sequin stash and find a variety of toning sequins which I glued using Ranger Multi Medium Matte. The panel was attached to the card base using my Scotch Tape Runner and my card was complete.
Thanks for coming by to read today! I'll be back very soon with new inspiration.