Friday, January 18, 2019

Silly Birds - Hello Bluebird

Hello!  Thanks for coming by today to read about this slimline card using Silly Birds by Hello Bluebird Stamps.


Finished dimensions of this card are 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches with a panel cut at 8.2 x 3.2 inches - you can make this entire card using just one panel of cardstock and it leaves you a handy sentiment strip too!  You can find standard envelopes for this card size by searching for Slimline, Invitation, #9 or Size 9 envelopes.


I ink blended the panel using Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar.  I achieved the soft look by using Clarity Stencil Brushes.  I stamped my images on Bristol Smooth cardstock using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using the following colours - Kuretake Zigs in Light Carmine 021, Light Blue 036 and Light Green 041.  I also used a Tombow in 991.  I die cut the images and decided on an arrangement.  I stamped the sentiment then snapped a photo on my iPhone so that I could be sure of where everything was in case I forgot the arrangement and then set about applying each component using dimensional foam tape.


I adhered the panel to the card base and the finishing touches were to highlight one or two areas with a Uni-ball Signo white gel pen and then I used Ranger Multi Medium Matte to glue the water droplet style embellishments which are by Pretty Pink Posh.

Thanks for coming by to read ..... and see you next time!

Nicky x


2 comments:

  1. I am sure to make one of these types of cards one of these days. I really like how your eye is drawn from the top to the bottom or vice versa with the way you placed the birds on the branches. This card is just delightful. Thanks for the tip on where you get the envelopes. I'm one step closer. ;) Have a happy and creative weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the vertical ones are more fun than the horizontal slimline cards ..... but I'm splitting hairs here - they are both fun!

      Delete