Sunday, November 11, 2018

Rooftop Reindeer - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hey there, I'm back with another card for Hello Bluebird Stamps and once again I'm using Rooftop Reindeer .... without the roof this time!



A pretty simple card by any measure - I grabbed an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock and ink blended it using Distress Ink in Tattered Rose.  I splashed the panel with water and blotted it up a few seconds later.  I then placed the panel in my Misti and stamped the Tis The Season sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in Copper.  I repeated this process twice more to make the sentiment super bold and raised.   I die cut the panel to provide the simple faux stitched edge.   I then grabbed one of the dies from Hill and Dale and die cut a snowy hill then die cut that hill with a matching faux stitched edge.  I adhered this to the card base with foam tape.



Next I then stamped the second part of the sentiment 'TO BE JOLLY' on a strip of cardstock with more Versamark Ink and again heat embossed in Copper.  I love everything in the rose gold to copper variety - so pretty and warm and luxurious looking.  I applied the little sentiment with foam tape.

On Bristol Smooth I stamped my reindeer duo with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs and highlighted some points with a Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen.  I die cut the the images using the coordinating dies then adhered them with more foam tape.



Look at that metallic copper sentiment!  I just love that colour!

The card was finished out by adding 'snow' by way of white Nuvo drops in random sized droplets and then I set it aside to fully dry for a couple of hours before applying the card panel to the 110lb Neenah white cardstock base.

Card complete!  Thanks for stopping by for the details - use the comments section if you wish to ask any questions I will always be happy to help you!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment