Monday, November 12, 2018

25 Days of Christmas Tags - Pretty Pink Posh


Hi, I'm excited to be participating this year in the big 25 Days of Christmas Tags event hosted by Tracey McNeely.  All month long designers from a plethora of stamp companies who are sponsoring this fun event, hope to inspire you with handmade gift tags for the Christmas season.  Today I am proud to be representing Pretty Pink Posh with this trio of pastel tags.



Products used in the making of these tags are - Scallop Square Tags for the dies.  Pink tag uses stamps from Winter Woodland.  Blue tag uses stamps from Winter Wonderland and the Green tag uses stamps from Holiday Pals for the background and the little girl is from Winter Woodland again.



As you can see from the image above for each tag I die cut the smaller tag 3 times.  They might be small but they are mighty!   I softly ink blended each die cut both front and back because you can see in the side.  The top die cut was stamped and heat embossed in white for the snowfall and then I used the little hinged flap die included in the set to die cut an opening.



Each little tag was stamped with its own Pretty Pink Posh sentiment - the one above is from the Winter Wonderland stamp set.  This was stamped on to one of the solid die cuts, making sure it would nicely align with the flap opening.   Each die cut was then adhered to the next, layered up on dimensional foam tape, providing such a pleasing affect when viewed from the side.



To finish each tag I stamped my images on to Bristol Smooth cardstock with Ranger Archival Ink in black,  I watercolour painted the images using Kuretake Zigs and highlighted a few points with a Uniball Signo White gel pen.  I then die cut them and applied them with more foam tape making sure the flap would still open up to reveal the sentiment inside.

The final touch was the addition of Pretty Pink Posh sequins and I used some cream and silver baker's twine tied through the top.

Such a fun little project!  Thank you for coming by my blog to read.

Nicky x



14 comments:

  1. I love the flap tags - a great idea. Your colours are so pretty and I adore that sweet little fox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicky, your tags are absolutely delightful with their pretty pastels, sweet images, triple cuts and 'secret' message! Festive spirit soaring in seeing your lovely tags that are gifts in and of themselves!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling little tags. Love that there
    are several layers to each tag. the
    opening cut in the top is a fun idea.
    The colors are soft and so pretty.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot0com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I LOVE these tags Nicky!! Just had to stop by to tell you so! :) TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soft colors and darling critters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your soft muted pastels, Nicky. The layers are fabulous and I am SO inspired by these super sweet tags.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little flaps on the tags are so clever; I love the hidden sentiment inside. Beautiful coloring and ink blending. The little characters are so cute, especially that fox!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Nicky, these are too cute for words. I am totally going to try these today. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flap tags...I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what beautiful and sweet tags! Love the soft colors and how fun is the little flap.

    ReplyDelete