Monday, June 25, 2018

Sweetest!

Ice cream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!  Here's 'Sweetest' from the Avery Elle Summer release as well as the coordinating dies.



I let my ice creams take centre stage for this card.  I kept the card background super simple and I just embossed using two of the border dies from Dotted Borders twice over to make a little background definition.  On smooth watercolour cardstock I very lightly stamped the images in distress ink then I watercolour painted them for a no-line affect.



Once painted I applied glue to certain points and dipped them into chunky glitter to pick up 'ice crystals'.  The orange/yellow/red ice pop had glue added to the top portion and it was dunked into micro-beads with the addition of more glue and chunky glitter on top of that!  These features were applied to the base with dimensional foam tape.  I felt the card needed no extra embellishment so I finished off by stamping the sentiment.



I thank you for stopping by today to see how this card was made .... I hope you 'lick' it!

Nicky x



No comments:

Post a Comment