Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Deer Friend Shaker Card


Hello everybody, I'm both here and on the Hello Bluebird blog today with this Shaker Card using Deer Friend.



This card started with a panel of cardstock that was softly ink blended with green, pink and blue Distress Inks.  Next I constructed the shaker unit by taking an A2 panel of white cardstock and die cutting it using the Gallery Frame Die #1 from Hello Bluebird.  I lined this die cut with acetate and then applied a double layer of Scotch Foam Tape so there was plenty of space for the shaker contents to move around.   I powdered the edges of the foam tape to keep the seed beads and sequins moving around.  I put on my mixologist's hat when I made the mix that worked with the background.  With the the mix in the upturned window I sealed the back of the unit with the ink blended panel and applied it all to the card base which is a sturdy 110lb Neenah solar white.



I stamped the sentiment on the top of the frame and then grabbed some more Bristol Smooth cardstock and stamped out my images using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black.   I watercolour painted everything using Kuretake Zigs and a waterbrush pen then die cut each image.



Each image was adhered to the shaker window either with tape runner tape and some other areas with little pieces of foam tape to add a little further dimension.



If you haven't tackled a shaker card before I encourage you to push yourself to do so, they are not difficult and they really take your card making to the next level and are sure to please the happy recipient!

Until the next time then ........

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment