Thursday, June 21, 2018

Pig Day - Hello Bluebird

Hello friends!

Today I have another card to share with you using Pig Day by Hello Bluebird Stamps.  It is possible this is my favourite stamp set of all time, but I'm not fully ready to commit to that statement just yet!



I took two A2 panels of Bristol Smooth cardstock and blended one with pink Distress Oxide and added some water and paint splashes, this was then die cut with the faux stitched edge and set to one side.  The other A2 panel was die once with the same faux stitched edge then further cut 3 times to provide the grassy edge from the 'Grassy Knoll' die set from Hello Bluebird.  This left one additional negative die cut which I flipped upside down and all 4 were ink blended in Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Ink.


I layered up the grassy edges and adhered them but I made sure not to add adhesive near the top of each edge because I knew I'd be tucking my piglets behind tufts of grass.  I used a Uniball Signo White gel pen to add daisy dots into the grass.



I took yet more Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my Pig Time images with Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in Pale Pink 028 and Light Pink 026 (for their blushing cheeks and ears) and highlighted their cheeks using the Uniball Signo again.  The little birds were painted with Beige 072 and given a few white speckles.  The animals were all die cut and applied with Scotch foam tape and a pompom was added to the one piglet's party hat.  The sentiments were stamped onto black cardstock with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in Super Fine White Embossing Powder and applied with foam tape.  I then decided to add a couple of puffy white clouds from Rainbow Sky Die from Hello Bluebird just to balance out the scene.   I adhered the decorative panel to an A2 110lb white cardstock base and voila!  Card done!



I think it is safe to say this is FAR from the last Pig Time card I'll be creating and sharing!  Happy crafting everybody, please feel free to leave questions and comments, I'd love to hear from you.

Nicky x

4 comments:

  1. Will this card be for sale in your Etsy store? I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gail, yes, this card will be added to my Etsy Shop this weekend so keep checking back for it! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Bought it! And you made me buy the stamp set and dies too! LOL!

      Delete
    3. Oh! Ahahahaa, sorry/not sorry ... that's kind of my job as a member of the Design Team. Have fun with your purchase and I'm sure you have someone appreciative in mind for the card x

      Delete