Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Garden Friends - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hey!  Thanks for coming by my blog today to read about this card for Hello Bluebird Stamps.  For this card I've combined stamps from Garden Friends and Deer Friend.



This is one of my slimline cards with finished dimensions of 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches to fit a standard size 9 envelope.  I also created a panel of the same dimensions that would later be applied to the card base.  I masked off the edges with washi tape and then softly ink blended that panel using Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade.  To attain this ultra soft look I used Clarity Stencil Brushes and swept the colour onto the cardstock.  I also splashed the panel with water and blotted it up and splashed on the inks I was using, loosened with a little water.  The mask was then carefully removed.



I grabbed the Grassy Knoll die and die cut two grassy edges that would extend beyond the masked line to 3 1/2 inches.  Both were ink blended with Spun Sugar.  The larger piece was directly adhered and the smaller was attached with foam tape.



I attached the panel to the card base and set it to one side for a few minutes.  I stamped my images from Garden Friends and Deer Friend onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted everything using the following Kuretake Zigs - Pale Pink, Light Pink, Yellow, Oatmeal, Mid Gray, Orange and Fl. Green.  All images were die cut, backed with dimensional foam tape and applied to the scene.

Sentiments are from Silly Birds and were stamped onto strips of cardstock and then also backed with foam tape and applied.



For the finishing touches I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen and then I used Nuvo Crystal Drops for the dimensional pink accents.

Very 'tweet' of you to drop by, I really appreciate it and happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment