Saturday, August 24, 2019

Happy Trails - Purple Onion Designs

My slimline card today features images from the Happy Trails stamp collection as illustrated by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs.



A slimline card has a finished size of 8 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches.  I also created a panel of this size and masked off the edges with washi tape and then stamped the sandy background from the stamp collection.   I masked that and ink blended it and also masked a line to form the horizon. For the background the colours used are Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean (just call me Captain Obvious), Foissilzed Amber and Tea Die.



I wanted to texturise and add interest to the sand, so I covered the sea and sky and splattered on some Tea Die ink loosened with a little water and some white acrylic paint.  Once dry, I removed the mask, the white wave pattern was hand drawn with a white gel pen, I adhered the panel to the card base and set this to one side for the time being.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images from Happy Trails using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using the following Kuretake Zigs - Carmine Red, Yellow, Cobalt Blue, Oatmeal, Mid Gray, Light Gray and Light Pink.  All images were then fussy cut and adhered to the scene using dimensional foam tape.  One or two points were highlighted with the white gel pen again.



Time for those finishing touches and for this card I kept it simple.  I stamped the sentiment (also from Purple Onion Designs) and backed it with foam tape and found the perfect stop to adhere it.  I also just grabbed a few Sparkling Clear Sequins in different sizes by Pretty Pink Posh and glued these down with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

Hope you enjoyed my very summery card.  Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment