Sunday, September 1, 2019

Old Betsy - Purple Onion Stamps

I have a new watercolour painted card for Purple Onion Designs today that features the adorable 1950's era pick up truck called Old Betsy.   This super cute stamp is from the 'Twas The Night Before Christmas collection as illustrated by Stacey Yacula.



The background stamp image is called Street from Happy Trails and it was simply stamped onto white cardstock and the sentiments were also stamped.  I then trimmed the panel and backed it with white craft foam and applied it to a white cardstock card base.



I stamped Old Betsy onto Bristol Smooth cardstock using Archival Ink and then I watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs in Ochre, Gray Brown, Mid Green, Warm Gray 2, Light Pink, Bright Yellow and Beige.

I also stamped the little pumpkin images from Door Decor 1 also from 'Twas The Night Before Christmas ...... but forget about Christmas, this card is all about the pumpkins coming into town signalling the arrival of Fall!

All images were highlighted with a white gel pen then fussy cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.



I wanted to keep embellishments to an absolute minimum for this CAS card and decided on just 3 sparkling clear sequins to finish the scene.

I love Fall and can't wait for it to arrive in my neck of the woods!

Hope to see you back here soon, thank you for coming by today.

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment