Friday, December 14, 2018

Frosty Littles - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!  I have a new card for you today.  If you follow my card making journey then you know that I am totally into 'Slimline' cards right now.  I build scenes and love the characters I get to work with and therefore I like to cram as much into one card as I can!  An A2 card doesn't give you much real estate to work with and so with increasing regularity I'm turning to Slimline cards.  My card today scales new heights since I've adorned it vertically  - tall and slim - the supermodel of cards!



Finished card dimensions are 3 1/2" wide x 8 1/2".  From an A4 sheet of cardstock cut the length at 7 inches then score and fold in half (4 bar).  My panel is cut from the remainder of the A4 sheet and the dimensions are 3.2" x 8.2".  Worth writing those down for future reference!  For your coordinating envelopes just Google 'slimline envelopes' (this search yields the best results).  Sometimes they are referred to as 'invitation envelopes' and also '#9 envelopes'.



So, with the card form made I sourced everything I needed from my Hello Bluebird stash!  Front and centre are those adorable Frosty Littles.   They are perched amongst the banks of snow created using Hill and Dale Die and above them, high in the mountains that soar overhead are the Glacier Peaks Die cuts.  The word Noel is from the Christmas Words #2 Die.  Finally, the clouds are from Puddle Play Coordinating Dies.



My card was made by die cutting several snowdrifts using Hill and Dale and ink blending them very sparingly using Distress Oxide Ink in Cracked Pistachio - I just wanted a hint of mint!  I then die cut all 3 of the mountain ranges from Glacier Peaks.  For the back two ranges I also cut the snowy/glacial peaks.  I ink blended them with a hint of pale blue in the form of Distress Oxide in Tumbled Glass and adhered them.   I also ink blended the front of the card base with more Tumbled Glass again very sparingly to make the sky.



I layered all the die cuts together and stuck them down sometimes just with my tape runner and other times with a little foam tape behind a peak to give dimension.  On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped all the images you see from Frosty Littles including lots of the trees.  I watercolour painted the images using a combination of Kuretake Zigs and Arteza watercolour brush pens.  I die cut all the images and began to layer them into the scene as imagined in my mind before I started.  Again some were directly glued down and some for dimension had a little foam tape added on the reverse.

The word Noel was die cut 3 times and each was adhered to the next and then I used a little more Tumbled Glass Ink and added a little blue to it then stuck it down.



Finishing touches time!  I made everything twinkle using Stickles in 'Crystal', I dotted in some pale gold dots with a gel pen through the 'minty' areas and the final touch was the mini wooden stars in the sky.

This card feels sturdy but since the weight is at the bottom it is stable when it stands and doesn't blow over when someone walks past!!!  I recommend 110lb Neenah cardstock for such a project.

Are you up for making a card that will stand taller than anything else on the mantlepiece?  Worth the effort I'd say.

Until the next time, happy crafting .....

Nicky x




No comments:

Post a Comment